Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Management Consultant
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Term: 12 months
- Articulate the business product vision within the enterprise analytics data platform and build product roadmaps and migration plans in alignment with other data ecosystem sub products and business roadmaps. This includes ensuring incorporating Information Security, Privacy, Data migration plans, BCP considerations, unified release/incident management aspects are included amongst others
- Partner with business lines, risk management to gather requirements are understood and met
- Document and get buy-in on strategic plans and bee responsible for stakeholder management, communication, and satisfaction
- Decomposes Program Epic work requirements and priorities into features
- Facilitate and guide the development of metrics, structure of studies, benchmark initiatives, and data collection methodologies in support of business requirements
- Actively participate in program increment planning, roadmap activities, and program prioritization and sequencing activities
- Coordinate with Data Stewards and Data Quality Analysts on adherence with data standards and quality metrics
- Leads complex enterprise-wide programs and collaborates on strategic initiatives for data governance, data quality and metadata activities.
- May act as a relationship manager for a line of business.
- May design and deliver database architecture / design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, performing needs assessments, database definition & structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- Provides consultation in process evaluations, performance monitoring, and statistics to senior management.
- Leads analysis on complex multi domain remediation efforts and serves as single point of contact on low to medium priority issues.
- Partners with groups and various levels of seniority across the firm to coordinate and drive collaboration on solution design and remediation execution.
- May mentor junior team members.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience in data architecture and strategy
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Product management, product development, strategic planning, process management, change delivery or agile product owner
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- Experience with business usage, product strategy, product roadmap for data warehousing and/or Enterprise Data Lake (MapR or HortonWorks, Cloudera)
- Experience with Cloud Data transformation journey, establishing the key business considerations
- Experience in developing product roadmap and translating to a strategic plan
- Experience building data technology products
- Working knowledge of data persistence, ingestion, and access requirements
- Ability to partner and communicate effectively with technology teams, delivering cloud/hybrid/on premise data lake/data-warehouse solutions meeting the needs of use case
- Excellent ability to develop and build teams by assessing quality talent and motivating and inspiring others
- Sound understanding of Agile Methodology and other project management methodologies
- Demonstrated core project management skills including project planning, scope management, issue and risk management, resource planning, financial management, etc.