Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company thats not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Management Consultant
Location: Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; Minneapolis, MN
Term: 12 months
- Lead the business enablement and delivery for one or more business use cases utilizing the Enterprise data environment. In that role, the person would work with business stakeholders to understand the goals and needs that require data and analytic solutions, and with technology stakeholders to design, develop and implement solutions that align to the business needs. The person would lead the end-to-end delivery of the solutions, including tracking and managing status, issues, risks, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between client area and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of the most complex, strategic, corporate-wide business problems to be solved with data and analytic solutions.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing data and analytical solutions and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Works with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes.
- Participates in transforming strategic enterprise architecture and design principles into specific system requirements and specifications.
- Recommends and initiates systems testing. Acts as the highest-level internal consultant within technology and business groups by re-engineering technical processes for greater efficiencies with significant impact to the business.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders and technology team to create, manage a robust product planning & execution model that focus on delivering end user capability with digital agility.
- Collaborate and coordinate with executives and key leaders to leverage Data Lake capabilities in driving business outcomes
- Partner with relationship managers to ensure project integration and partnering in pilot testing with champion use case.
- Understand requirements of LOB partners of data, analytics and reporting to inform technology and EDL Product Owners to enable capability delivery needs of the product.
- Partner to develop and maintain a capability roadmap for the various capabilities (ingestion, integration, consumption, etc.) with rigorous investment analysis that is consistent with our holistic data strategy to meet business needs using value delivery approach, and informed by current business needs and emerging technology trends.
- Partner with peers in Data Management & Insights (DMI) and Enterprise IT as the conduit to SMEs within the Line of Business.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills , including presentations to business and technical audiences
- Experience with data management best practices and disciplines including data governance, data architecture, data quality, analytics and business intelligence,
- Experience delivering successful end user experiences through capabilities
- Experience defining, documenting, and implementing business requirements, policies, procedures and processes
- Experience in launching and running complex programs using Agile Scrum and Waterfall delivery teams
- Experience with Banking Finance, Risk, Regulatory Reporting data platforms and technologies
- Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and product fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems, and roles
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to engage and influence senior technology and business executives
- Strong expertise in cultivating authentic Executive relationships and delivering formal change management across diverse business areas
- Experience presenting to Operating Committee Members, Boards and on Industry Forums
- Ability to organize, manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Experience defining and executing project plans
- Experience defining and documenting process flows, design / solution approach documentation
- Experience with data and analytical tools such as AtScale, Dremio, Apache Hive, Apache Drill, Hue, Tableau, Aquadata Studio, as well as use of advanced analytical tools such as JupyterNotebook and Python
- Familiarity with writing SQL queries
- Experience building reports and dashboards using a Reporting Tool (such as Tableau)