Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Data Modeler to join their team for a contract to hire position!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Data Integration Modeler
Location: This position will be work from home until the end of October 2021. Then, they will evaluate when it is safe to return to work at the Durham, NC office again. Alternatively, if you live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and South Carolina; you may work remotely.
Term: 6 Months, Contract to Hire is the intent
- At least 3 years of Data Modeling, conceptual, logical, physical
- ER Modeling
- NoSQL Modeling
- HL7 FHIR
- Successful full life-cycle enterprise data warehousing - inception to implementation.
- ER/Objects/Dimensional Modeling concepts
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: This job exists for the purpose of conceptually, logically and physically modeling data that exists either in transactional or data warehousing systems. Major Job Functions/Components:
- Creates fully attributed and documented conceptual, logical and physical models including both Entity-Relationship and presentation models (using star schemas and conformed dimensions) for source and destination.
- Analyzes data through screens, reports, and source extracts in order to verify assumptions that come out of dialog with the business
- Communicates with mid-level business managers to confirm logical model based on data requirements
- Interfaces with Project Manager and IS management to interpret data needs and provide input on impact of requirements and changes
- Reviews business and analytic requirements in order to capture business rules for logical to physical mapping that will be used by IS to create code to transform raw data into useful information as well as validate and refine data requirements.
- Participates in IS project specific architectural working groups in order to provide expertise in modeling.
- Performs mapping between source and target data, as well as performing logical model to physical model mapping and mapping from third normal form to dimensional (presentation layer).
Standard Query Language
- Generates first cut physical model DDL and SQL for views for implementation by the DBA. The SQL must be written to optimize views based on the database engine used.
- Captures business rules for logical to physical mapping in metadata (note - metadata is information about data) that will be used by IS to create code to transform raw data into useful information
- Documents specifications for views that support the way the business will use the data in specific circumstances
- Promotes logical data models to the production environment in order to capture the most current graphical representation of how the information relates to each other
- Creates, validates and updates the data dictionary by interviewing IS implementers, business users, querying data directly and analyzing documentation to make sure that the information captured is correct
Standards & Process
- Facilitates model review sessions in order to confirm that both IS and the business understand the business view of information
- Escalates project issues in order to make others aware.
- Interprets business speak into IS speak in order to allow IS to create solutions for the business knowing that the data structures support the business needs
- Interfaces with Project Manager and ISDS management to interpret data needs and provide input on impact of changes and requirements requested.