Work closely with a multidisciplinary Agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions. These solutions will generate insights from our connected data, enabling us to advance the data-driven decision-making capabilities of our enterprise. This role requires understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. The ideal candidate is a skilled data / software engineer with experience creating data products supporting analytic solutions. They are an Agile learner, possess strong problem-solving skills, work as part of a technical, cross functional analytics team, and want to solve complex data problems and deliver the insights to enable analytics strategy
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture, pipelines and data streams
- Create data products for analytics and data scientist team members to improve their productivity
- Review and analyze current business practices, processes and procedures and identify opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure data and analytics services
- Data analysis and experience with at least one programming language. Preferred Python experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining data warehouses in big data solutions
- Experience with developing solutions on cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data and analytics space
- Experience in Azure environment and resources, including Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Data Lake Gen2, Azure SQL, Power BI, Streaming Analytics, Azure Synapse and Azure Machine Learning
- Knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
- Big Data Development experience/ familiarity using Hive, Impala, Spark and/or Kafka