Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Data Engineer
Location: Des Moines, IA 50392 or Remote
Term: 12 months
- Conduct data engineering and analysis tasks to meet business requirements and maximize effectiveness. Develop understanding of technical aspects of data management functions including creating, loading, transforming, and cleansing, processing, analyzing, and visualizing data. Works directly or in support of data science/analytics to design, develop, test and integrate data from various sources into large-scale processing systems and databases to use in providing insights that solve business needs.
- Growing expertise in at least one large area of the code base/solution with a high-level understanding of other components.
- Help build out our digital intelligence platform and bring these capabilities to scale to align with enterprise efforts.
- Work with teammates to build technical solutions that are reusable, scalable, fast, and maintainable for deploying and managing machine learning models.
- Increase automation and improve the quality of production ML while also focusing on business and regulatory requirements.
- Expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture.
- Assist to design, implement and maintain investment product datasets in alignment with data and analytics vision and strategy.
- Support critical, ongoing operations while also driving new strategic solutions.
- Development and deployment of robust and scalable data platforms for sophisticated data processing and downstream consumption.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree plus 4-6 years related work experience or a Master's in a related field.
- Ability to work directly with data and data stores through programming language such as SQL, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience with a variety of data modeling techniques and data structures.
- Ability to optimize data for analytics and data science.
- Experience building/operating systems for data extraction, ingestion and processing of large data sets.
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
- Basic planning, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Must be able to effectively communicate strategies and designs to all levels of the company.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- May be required to provide on-call support.
Even better if you have:
- Proven experience as an IT professional knowledge of financial services products and processes.
- Basic leadership skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!