Please apply today if you have 3+ years experience in this type of role plus:
- Technical support of the data catalog, data governance and data privacy modules: including user setup, optimizing data scans, monitoring data tool suite, and system configuration.
- Establish data connectors, schedule updates, and monitor services that extract technical metadata from a wide variety of data sources (data warehouses, reporting repositories, etc.).
- Establish system monitors, and manage upgrades, patch releases for data catalog, data governance, and data privacy tools.
- Support Desk Ticket Resolution (Internal and Informatica Ticket Resolution) based on Service Level Agreements (SLAs); escalate issues to technical leadership as appropriate.
- Coordinates application outages with technical and business stakeholders.
- Broad technical skills with a solid understanding of data systems and infrastructure.
- Previous hands-on experience with Linux commands, SQL Server, Software as a Service configuration and administration required.
- Experience with ETL, data profiling, and data lineage tools preferred.
- Data Analysis and critical problem-solving skills are required to analyze system architecture, data models, and must have deep appreciation for data standards and quality.
- Knowledge and general understanding of the concepts and techniques of data architecture.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams, perform root cause analysis and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to effectively communicate, synthesize technical concepts, and propose solution options to determine best path forward.
- Experience executing Linux server command lines and developing shell scripts and wrappers for Linux command lines preferred.
- Experience with relationship databases such as SQL server, as well as document databases such as Mongo DB a plus.
- General data architecture knowledge and some basic database administration skills preferred.
High-level summary of role:
The Data Engineer is responsible for integrating and establishing connectivity between the tools suite and client’s application inventory, providing ongoing support, and maintaining the tool suite to ensure that knowledge capital centralized is accessible for our 50+ data stakeholders. This resource will also enable data lineage, workflows, data classification to support business data advancement initiatives linked to data governance, data quality, data management, and data privacy initiatives.