Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Engineer - Cloud Pipelines
Location: NEW YORK, New York, 10017
Term: 11 months+
- Coding, deployment, taking requirements from business etc
- Working on data-related projects, coding, scripting, unit-testing, preparing changes for deployments
- Lead or participate in complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Assure quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications.
- Serve as a technical resource in finding software solutions.
- Review and evaluate user needs and determine requirements.
- Provide technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications.
- Create test data and conduct interfaces and unit tests.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Understand and participate to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Conduct research and resolve problems in relation to processes and recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Assist other individuals in advanced software development.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5-7+ years of overall experience
- Coming from well-known clients (ex: hedge funds, financial domain is a nice to have, not required),
- Software developers who have done complex work with data.
- Knowledge of high level programming languages such as Java and Python.
- Experience working on data products
- Strong database design, data engineering, ETL, SQL, proficiency in Java or C# or Python and scripting (bash or PowerShell)
- Big data, data pipelines, cloud data management (preferred)
- Bachelors in Comp Sci (or relevant - preferred)
- 4+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.