In this role as a Data Engineer, you will work within a large Data Science and Strategic Analytics department and focused on delivering business efficiencies, while working with continuous improvement teams that address specific business challenges. In this role you will tie in data from about 10 different sources / systems to build and maintain a large data lake.
From a day to day perspective, as a Data Engineer on this team, you will work with analysts, managers and stakeholders to help build new and enhancement existing data models, ETL pipelines and integrations for various uses cases. This can cover data categories such as Pricing, Transportation Management, Fleet/Routing and related topics. Current teams work in an Agile framework, where daily stand-ups and 2-week sprints are core.
- 3+ years of experience with Azure Data Factory and/or SSIS
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and scripting and indexing
- 1+ Year of data modeling experience
- Exposure to visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in an Agile / Product Development framework