Global company is seeking a talented Data Engineer to join their team for a contract opportunity. We are seeking a solutions focused resource who can understand business with a deep understanding of of tools that range across all data elements (e.g. streaming, structured, unstructured data). You will be providing insight of industry and technology trends and best practices on data infrastructure and data engineering.
- develop and debug and maintain software across the entire data lifecycle (from ingestion to deprecation)
- augment data tech stack and integrate with existing data systems
- understand the end-to-end lifecycle of the data and the data tech stack deployed across your business entity / enabler area
- enhance business entity's / enabler area's key data technologies / research alternatives to bp platform offerings
- influence your team’s technical decisions.
- create or update documentation and ensure metadata is kept up-to-date (e.g. descriptions and purposes for data sets)
- advocate and adhere to data privacy and digital security standards (e.g. GDPR, digital security policy, etc.)
- provide leading insight of industry and technology trends and best practices on data infrastructure and data engineering; you advocate for data best practices
- review others' work and ensure high quality and reproducibility standards are met
- Authors/provides guidance internal data engineering best practices in data domain areas of expertise (as needed).
- SQL skills
- standard bp (e.g. cloud) tools to efficiently produce software at scale
- Ability to write clean, re-usable code and commit code in manageable chunks
- Proficiency in writing efficient and optimized algorithms
- Ability to find and address bugs, technical debt and inefficient practices / tools
- Demonstrated ability to debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solution
- Understanding immediate codebase, as well as its surrounding systems
- in-depth knowledge of and apply software engineering best practices and processes, e.g. Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices, Kubernetes, AzureDevOps or similar.
- Dunderstanding in at least one data domain area within your business entity and awareness of related domains.
- Trading, Banking, or Finance industry experience is preferred.