Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Join over 20,000 employees at this global company specializing in technology-enabled claims and risk management solutions. You will be part of a culture that is constantly recognized for progressive, inclusive employment practices, and be part of a bigger movement to simplify complexities in the areas of workers compensation, liability, property, disability and absence management.
Position: Sr Business Analyst, Property and Casualty
Location: Naperville Illinois 60563
Term: 8 months
- Owns and drives business process definition and documentation of Business Process Flows.
- Owns the creation of Business Requirements and Business Requirement Documents.
- Owns the translation of Business Requirements into Functional requirements to be used for development.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and drive Functional Design Documents for new applications and existing application enhancements.
- Able to work with technical resources to ensure the effective translation of the functional design into technical design.
- Contributes to user reference, training, and testing materials by providing requirement and process context.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates an aptitude to quickly learn business processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop strong relationships with key business resources.
- Plans execute and facilitate both small and large sessions to collect business information.
- Able to understand and document IT systems and components as they relate to business capability enablement (current and future).
- Able to model and document business capability needs (current and future).
- Owns and facilitates requirement definition sessions with key business representatives.
- Utilizes accepted project management practices and tools.
- May participate in and drive system screen design activities such as Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- Support UAT test planning and execution.
- Provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Prepares clear and concise business documentation and communications.
- Works with end-users to document business processes, prepare business requirements documents, cost/benefit analysis presentations, and documentation including analysis of the impact on existing systems and procedures.
- Works closely with Developers or vendor staff to ensure an accurate understanding of how business processes and requirements get translated into design and specifications.
- Assures effective utilization of software by developing and maintaining expertise in the business process, product features, function capabilities, and transactions.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- At least 5 years of related experience.
- 2+ years P & C insurance experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis is required.
- Basic knowledge of business problems and identifying solutions.
- Basic working knowledge of a system development methodology.
- Proven strong analytical skills, especially with spreadsheets, MS PowerPoint presentations, word processing, and visual business process tools such as MS Visio.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details, and execute effective follow-through.
- Ability to learn new applications and systems concepts.
- Proven analytical, decision making, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to perform effectively under tight timeframes with high standards, and bring about effective action through direction, example, and a collaborative team atmosphere.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree with major in Business Administration, Statistics, or Quantitative Analysis from an accredited college or university preferred. Computer Sciences courses.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!