Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Field Support Technician
Location: Manassas, Virginia
Hourly Rate: $ 40.49/hr.
Term: 6 months
- Participate in the Computer Life Cycle Management for Data Center operations, this role will require skills associated with deployment, retirement, removal and upgrades of Computer hardware consisting of computers, storage devices, network devices and associated peripheral devices.
- Perform ad hoc requests as directed by on-site management.
- Prepare and coordinate and receive incoming shipments.
- Compare packing lists with purchase details to ensure accurate make, model, and quantities are received.
- Receipt SRM.
- Perform remote hands support e.g.
- power cycles, physical equipment and cabling inspections, swap out failed components, testing of copper and fiber cables, handle storage media, and enter troubleshooting commands.
- Perform hardware installations and decommissions - Rack / Stack.
- Perform cable installations (routing, terminating) and testing.
- Perform hardware cabling troubleshooting.
- Must have a basic understanding of the various operational Acronyms in the Data center environment such as NOC, SOC, WAN, LAN, SAN, POE, FCIP, FCOE.
- Support Service Manager processes (e.g.
- Service Request, Incident, Change) by creating, updating, and closing associated tickets.
- Support Power Maintenance Events (PME) - active involvement in the planning through an assigned role.
- Track and maintain adequate sparing levels.
- Perform physical audits and provide that data in writing to ensure this data is updated and accurate.
- Collaborate and maintain business relationships in order to meet and exceed client expectations with respect to business as usual and project activities.
- Must be willing to follow established process for Change Management, Work Order and Problem Investigation tools which will require written follow up as per prevailing standards.
- Willingness to communicate via emails, IM Chat and verbally as the situation requires.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- At least 1 year data center experience - preferably raised floor stacking servers experience, cabling, fiber optics and copper, cisco network gear installations. (knowledge of fiber vs ethernet) Troubleshooting/repair in the data center environment - all systems - storage, servers and network.
- Physical layer infrastructure Racking/stacking equipment, physically connecting and removing cables.
- Ethernet knowledge - CAT 5, 6E, Fiber ML Preferred
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!