Title: Data Center Consultant
Type: Contract - 6+ Months
Location: Stamford, CT - Remote during COVID-19
Our client, a major retail and commercial bank, is seeking a Data Center Consultant.
- Participate in meetings to understand customer requirements, Due Diligence and Proposal presentation sessions
- Interaction with client’s customers for collecting required details (Requirement Analysis) and documenting the same in terms of Knowledge Capture Document.
- Creating Design Blueprints and Design Documents like High Level Design (HLD), Low Level Design (LLD), Migration Procedures, Fallback Procedures etc.
- Communicate conceptual designs and create/maintain project documentation before, during, and after.
- Solid technical experience in designing, implementation, and support of complex data center solutions for the network refresh project
- Demonstrated excellence at articulating & presenting complex technical topics to both executive and technical personnel
- Good understanding of Infrastructure Consulting (Data center optimization services) - Data center consolidation and migration - Data center management
- Ability to assess the current IT environment and be able to provide appropriate technical solutions to address business challenges related to data center optimization
- Strong Spine and Leaf engineering skills
- Experience refreshing all core distribution layers.
- Must have STRONG experience implementing Cisco NX-OS/next generation spine and leaf architecture.
- Experience with Cisco 9000 Switching platform which is the next generation in the legendary Cisco catalyst switching family.
- Experience standing up parallel architecture, migrating, and troubleshooting Moving from Layer 2/Layer 3 fabrics to Next Gen spine and leaf architecture.
- Candidates need strong knowledge of/experience with Multi-casting.
- Experience with OSPF, BGP, EVPN, DCNM, site to site connectivity/edge gateways
- Experience with migration SOP and testing.
- General knowledge of industry standard firewalls, and load balancers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Experience working with vendors and partners.
- Current industry certifications: CCIE#, CCDP, CCNP, CISSP, ITILv3, etc. (Not all certificates required).