- Function: Data Analytics / BI Development
- Job Ref: 216403
Duration: Direct Hire (Permanent)
Location: Scottsdale, AZ (starting remote, but will require some onsite work starting in February 2021.
Key Skills: Data Architecture, AWS, MySQL, 3rd party software application data aggregation, strong business analysis skills.
The Data Architect II is a key role to support our clients' proprietary application for customer product analysis. The Data Architect will provide business value by providing technical support and business engagement to get their software product to its next level of evolution. This role will report to the IT Lead and will be responsible for design, development, and testing of the software functions. This person will provide technical expertise and deliver assigned tasks for production support and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical development and support expertise for the proprietary software application
• Write functional and requirements based on business needs for the software
• Research, recommend and develop functional solution design
• Create and maintain documentation including: Business Process Design (BPD) Documents, Functional Specifications (F-Specs), End User System Procedures, End-to-End Business Process flows, Knowledge Articles, User Stories, Use Cases and Scenarios
• Define business processes, improvements, and business objectives with focus on the software application.
• Map the solution to business requirements according to standards and program principles, considering capacity, limitation and operation times
• Ensure adherence to client’s best practices and ensures business value is delivered in accordance with business objectives
• Assist other functional and Business Systems Analysts in gathering and documenting business requirements and specifications for technical solutions and assist Quality Assurance analysts in completing testing
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for their area, participate in related projects
• Test system updates, supporting user acceptance testing for workflow, reports, interfaces, enhancements, forms, patches, upgrades and maintenance packs
• Act as a liaison between the Business and the Development team to ensure functional requirements are understood and ensure development requirements are integrated
• Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to processes, procedures and services
• Assist in the facilitation of User Acceptance testing for changes to the application
• Adhere to established timelines, client’s best practices, ticketing system guidelines and SDLC procedures for delivering quality solutions which are defect-free, meeting Company and departmental standards and customer requirements
• Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
• Facilitate meetings, conference calls and assists with training customers as needed
• Act as escalation point for basic Help Desk support calls
• Troubleshoot end user and system issues
• Be able to diagnose and provide solution(s) to complex issues in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the following technologies – AWS MySQL Aurora, writing complex MySQL Stored Procedures/Functions, Performance tuning of SQL queries, writing Dynamix SQL Queries, Managing user access thru MySQL, Nodejs, AWS Lambda
• Understanding of MuleSoft APIs, AWS Kafka Supported Connector, CICD, Jenkins, git code checkout, Bitbucket, AWS CloudWatch, Kafka Confluent connector. It will also help to have knowledge of AWS GLUE and AWS Redshift.
• Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Office applications is necessary.
• Strong organizational skills and initiative to improve processes is crucial.
• Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing.
• Ability to coach end-users is required.
• Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
• The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
• Proven ability to collaborate across the Company including the ability to manage and respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.