Sr Data Analytics Developer
Candidate must be expert with Cognos Analytics version 11.x. Expertise with Cognos Framework Manager and Report Studio and proficient with other modern business intelligence platform such as Microsoft Power BI and ThoughtSpot. In addition to technical skills the Senior Developer must also be comfortable working within an Agile scrum team and managing multiple deliverables Strong communication and collaboration skills are required in order to be successful in this role. Heavy emphasis placed on making positive business impacts, working well in a matrix organization, leveraging Agile methodologies, and enabling innovative solutions.
The Data Analytics Developer role is part of the Descriptive Analytics & Reporting team within the Enterprise Data and Analytics Organization. Candidate will engage directly with business and technology partners to understand objectives to deliver analytic centric solutions.
- Support rapid prototyping activities that will validate business requirements, confirm solution definition, and manage risk as appropriate.
- Produce training and documentation while establishing best practices to be communicated to analytic communities.
- Works directly with team members from business sectors and the applications development team.
- Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks.
- Uses technical knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems
- Uses judgment and creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- May interface with senior management to convey information.
- 3+ years of experience designing and supporting BI technologies.
- 3+ years of experience doing hands-on prototyping activities that will validate business requirements and solution definition
- Experience with technologies such as Cognos, Power BI or ThoughtSpot preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using data modeling methods and tools Knowledge of conceptual and logical systems and business process modeling
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis Ability to coach and mentor other lower level business systems analyst
- Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders and support their analytics and reporting needs
- Must have broad expertise in Data Warehouse and BI technologies, end user training, creative direction, teamwork and time management At least 1 year working within an Agile Scrum team
- Experience in the financial services space preferred.