Title: Data Analyst
Term: 12 months
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
We are looking for a Data Analyst. You will be responsible for strategically managing database technologies, planning, implementation, installation, upgrades, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise databases and systems. You will use scripts or automated tools to collect and analyze the county’s existing data during the Data Discovery process and work with Security Team to identify and classify the data according to their sensitivity level, as well as develop and document processes to identify and classify new data on an ongoing basis.
This position applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve data security issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The Data Analyst Contractor is required to provide technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning and execution to ensure that the business and technical architecture of delivered solutions matches the customer requirements. The Data Analyst Contractor is required to work on all aspects of Data Security and perform other related tasks as required.
You will be the data analytics guru. There is no handholding, and you are expected to have a deep and thorough understanding of data classification and data analytics.
- Classify and interpret data, analyze results using manual and automated technique sand provide ongoing reports.
- Plan, analyze, develop, program, modify, test, debug, and implement data classification procedures.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal IT teams regarding data discovery, data schema and data classification.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems during data classification process. Analyze system problems and takes corrective action.
- Develop and document all Data Classification procedures and standards; prepare documentation for new systems and system modifications in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 supports when required.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible, professional level database administration, complex data analysis, scripting, and software support in a large-scale Information Technology environment? or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with data discovery, data classification, and data analysis with structured data such as Oracle and SQL databases.
- Proven ability to make responsible decisions, provide direction to peers and customers, oversee and monitor results.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with SQL query, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, Excel, Python, R, and other tools.
- Must be passionate about Data Analysis and possess strong analytical, innovation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to independently work with the customer, gather requirements and provide analytical reports in various formats to variety of management levels and organizational departments.
- Ability to learn quickly and attention to detail is essential, highly organized, and motivated to provide excellent customer support.
- Must be able to produce technical and user-level documentation.
- Knowledge of Data Discovery, Data classification, Data Analytics, and Data Security.
- 2 to 3 years of database experience in SQL and Oracle.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with SQL query, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, Excel,and other tools.
- Experience with T-SQL, DAX, MDX, Python, R.
- Data modeling and Data visualization experience with structured data.
Apply to MATRIX today!