Data Access requests
• Analyzing requests for data access to ensure completeness/accuracy of request
• Work with requestor to elicit details needed for Data Steward review/approval
• Recommend new/modified tables/databases that are the best option to fulfill access requests for Data Steward review/approval
Data Enablement Framework
• Ensure data follows naming standards and format guidelines for ingestion and distribution (Enterprise Information Catalog)
• Create/maintain metadata/data dictionary/data descriptions (Meta Data Manager)
• Assist in the creation of data quality rules by researching and documenting transformation/enrichment logic in existing data warehouses/marts (Analyst)
• Review and validate data quality rules against documented business logic (Data Quality)
• Validate Data Quality is accurately reflected in visualization/analytics tools (Data Quality Dashboard)
• Recommend new functionality/best practices to support project requirements for Data Steward review/consideration
• Assist Data Steward in review of Data Design Document
• Represent in project working meetings as an augmentation of Data Stewards staff
• Aide in drafting communication in support of project deliverables and timelines
• Assist in coordinating across groups to ensure strategy is understood
• Respectfully challenge deviations from enterprise standards, and suggest alternatives to support project needs
• Proactively identify opportunities to increase the volume of useful data
• Monitor the velocity of data to ensure growth is sustainable
• Help document the variety of data and ensure mastering is successful
• Increase veracity (trustworthiness) of data by suggesting opportunities for improvement
• Promote the value of data by suggesting, creating, and supporting innovation activities
Data Marketplace Content Management
• Create product descriptions and mock sample data for new products
• Manage and curate existing content for accuracy
• Work with Product Owners to identify new product onboarding opportunities
• Ensure the Data Access Request process is optimized to facilitate access provisioning
• 5+ years of experience working with enterprise-wide Data projects.
• Strongly prefer automotive industry experience.
• Experience working on legacy systems (mainframes, IMS, DB2), traditional Oracle platforms, and Big data/Hive tables.
• Experience migrating to S3 buckets on AWS.
• Understanding of business processes, taxonomy
• Experience with Business glossary – Axon/Informatica toolset is beneficial
• Able to search and query databases and understand data structure.
• Ability to present fact-based recommendations in a clear, logical, and concise way; “tell a story” with data.
• Ability to analyze, organize, and integrate large amounts of complex data into clear and concise presentations and status reports.
• Critical thinking and conceptual problem-solving abilities with a strong attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, etc.).
• Great communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to develop and manage cross-functional relationships.
• Able to work with Business stakeholders to help them understand technology and translate technical deliverables to fit business need.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If this is a good fit, Apply now!