Our client is seeking a Data Analyst to join the Reservations Information Technology team within the Customer Technology Division. As a Data Analyst on our team you will take responsibility for managing our data sets, developing reports and troubleshooting data issues. You will be interpreting this data and turning it into information which can offer ways to improve our business. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
- Work in conjunction with Product Owner and Agile team
- Managing data sets, which include application clickstream and system logs, and working with development teams to update these logs as necessary.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results and developing dashboards and reports.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- 4+ years of proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Azure Data Explorer, DataBricks, Data Lake and (PowerBI or Tableau)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand the business and potential risks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics