Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Analyst
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Term: 12 months
- Consults with management and business partners on matters of significance regarding strategic approaches, effectiveness of support function, and business performance improvement opportunities for the applicable business functions.
- Such consultation includes discussion of alternatives and implications.
- Presents to executive management on business performance and recommends strategies to implement changes and improvements.
- Utilizes thorough knowledge of the business unit's functional area or products to support strategic initiatives for the business.
- Provides work direction to lower level staff.
- Leads support functions and/or operations/production oversight usually for multiple business groups within a Line of Business.
- Functions supported may include: policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/change initiatives, business continuity planning, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, project funding, pipeline, process improvement (example: may include downstream training initiative identification and enactment), quality management, MBO development, communications, financial control/budgeting oversight (example: monitoring business expenses) and/or team member processing (example: planning focal review).
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Advanced analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in fast paced deadline driven environment
- Tableau experience creating & publishing reports
- SharePoint knowledge and expertise connecting reports to various sources and publishing dashboards
- Database mining experience
- SQL language for data transformation
- Proficient in Access database and queries
- Experience creating automated reports to run on a specific cadence or set by a specific event trigger
- Ability to analyze metrics and articulate data trends both visually and verbally
- Ability to consult with business partners to define key performance metrics, dashboards or scorecards
- Determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management
- Ability to translate metrics to PowerPoint, Tableau, or other tools to visually interpret the story the business is requesting Excel (experience with Macros preferred)
- Comfortable building queries, reports