Company in Houston, TX is seeking a Data Analyst for a contract role. The Analyst will be responsible for implementation and tracking of overall metrics for the Community Solar Customer Operations team and will report to the Associate of Customer Operations. The Data Analyst will (i) work closely with the individual customer operations managers to develop, implement, and track relevant metrics to aid in managing the day to day business (ii) work closely with the Associate of Customer Operations to manage overall customer information as it relates to solar farm subscriptions, billing and crediting (iii) support critical operations strategies. The ideal candidate loves data, creative problem solving, and optimizing processes.
- Monitor, retrieve, and validate monthly solar farm production reports from utilities
- Develop, track and automate monthly billing input reports for solar farm subscribers
- Coordinate with utilities to maintain and perform changes to solar farms subscription lists
- Track, manage and report annual project production metrics required for calculation of of performance guarantees contractual obligations.
- Identify gaps in business processes that contribute to poor data integrity and recommend and initiate changes to fix appropriate business processes
- Work closely with IT department on requirements gathering, testing and implementation
- Develop reporting package that is suitable for detailed deep-dives into the business all the way to executive level monthly reporting
- Develop data visualizations that aid in communicating results
- Translate, communicate, and present results and recommendations to a non-technical audience
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge in excel, data mining and data manipulation required
- CRM Data Management, salesforce/ SAP experience preferred
- Microsoft Power BI or other visualization packages preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, finance or related field
- 3+ years of work experience required, preferably in the Retail energy or Solar market. Business Operations, consulting, or strategy experience is preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Creative and entrepreneurial, able to generate new ideas and approaches that create opportunity
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, i.e. Able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Capable of working independently and on a team; Flexibility to work in fast-paced, lean environment
- Commercial mind set and a strong end product orientation while maintaining the absolute highest degree of integrity.
- Proficiency in use of business applications including word, spreadsheets, e-mail, graphics, and database applications.
- Ability to prioritize work, meets deadlines, and concurrently manages multiple tasks.