Large Supply Chain Company is hiring a Cybersecurity Engineer for their IT Security team. This role is 100% remote with minor travel to the corporate office when needed.
As the Cybersecurity Engineer you will provide secure engineering design, analysis, and support for network and security devices, applications, and operating systems. You will lead Cybersecurity Analysts, vendors, contractors and other members of IT through the incident response process. As the Cybersecurity Engineer, you will also assists in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures, security architecture and relevant standards. Will also have the following duties:
- Research, designs, and implements cybersecurity solutions and ensures the secure design and implementation of business systems
- Works with IT and internal and external business partners to ensure that security is part of the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software
- Analyzes and makes recommendations to improve network, system and application architectures
- Examines network, server, and application logs to determine trends and identify security incidents
- Assists in the review and update of cyber security policies, architectures and standards
- Assists in responding to audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Responsible for security event monitoring, management, and response utilizing SEIM toolsets
- Perform incident identification analysis and assist with incident response by conducting evaluations, reporting, communication, mitigation, and continuous monitoring
- Work with internal and external teams in generating daily/weekly reports, dashboards, metrics, etc.
- Works in partnership with IT peers, management, vendors, and business units to provide highly reliable, secure, and cost-effective network security services
- 4-6 years of experience working in an enterprise environment or a large scale, high-availability IT operation with 24/7/365 accountability and a focus on cybersecurity
- Technical expertise in Information/Cyber Security, to include infrastructure vulnerabilities, and network security products required (hardware and software) VPN, firewall, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, wireless security, cloud, OT, IoT
- Experience with network design and/or security architecture
- Experience managing security events/incidents as part of an Incident Response team
- BS or MS in security related field a plus
- Security certifications preferred (CISSP, CEH, OSCP, CISM)
- Identify malicious or anomalous activity based on event data from SEIM, firewalls, WAF, IPS, and other sources
- Experience with vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and forensic analysis
- Experience with Automation and Scripting
- Familiar with service operations best practices and industry security standards and controls.