Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Basics: Seeking a Cyber Principal Engineer to be part of a large scale, best of breed, multi/hybrid cloud implementation.
Location: 100% remote - Arizona time zone
Type: 6-month contract
Rate: $73+/hourly, DOE
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Cyber Principal Engineer (Cloud Platform) will play a lead role in evaluating cybersecurity risk associated with cloud platforms that are being considered, or actively being used. They serve as part of the larger cross-functional cybersecurity team dedicated to cloud-based management and security. Additionally, the Cyber Principal Engineer (Cloud Platform) will provide all forms of technical guidance on secure cloud implementations and configurations to all teams and constituents as needed.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• MUST HAVE DIRECT HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE LEADING VERY SIZABLE CLOUD MIGRATIONS. Leads technical assessments of risk associated with new or existing internal and external cloud based solutions.
• Provides expert guidance with Big Data technologies and concepts, such as Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Data Mart, HADOOP, and others that may peripherally involve cloud platforms.
• Recommend steps to remediate gaps and to facilitate hardened and sustainable cloud environments for all cloud based solutions.
• Lead all security efforts for integration of infrastructure and business solutions associated with cloud environments, including providing cloud expertise in the assessment of cloud provider Request For Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP).
• Provide technical guidance on secure configurations of cloud platforms and services exposed to Internet resources. Includes new proposals, implementations and/or modifications to existing cloud environments.
• Analyze cloud solution designs to Company security policy and standards, and cloud security best practices and security frameworks e.g. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
• Assess currently deployed cloud environments (public, private, and hybrid); provide requirements or recommendations to the design or configurations to address security risk.
• Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on platform security in industry leading cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, IBM, and Microsoft) and guide the establishment of security settings and policies
• Monitor and audit system and service changes targeted for leading cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, IBM, and Microsoft) and other vendor provided cloud based solutions.
• Provide technical guidance/support in troubleshooting security-related issues escalated to Cybersecurity.
• Security technical guidance to cloud designs and configurations. Coordinates with technical teams and business owners’ security solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues.
• Works on multiple functions of high complexity with business owners, project management teams and multiple IT technical resources.
Required Education and Experience
• 7+ years of related job experience required.
• Bachelors Preferred
• Understanding of security metrics and creation of useful dashboards for management review and consumption.
• Demonstrated experience in working in a high paced multi-tasking environment.
• Experience in performing risk assessments using current best practice methods involving quantifying both impact and likelihood scoring.
Required Licensure and Certifications
• 2 or more relevant technical/professional security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Governance, Risk and Compliance Professional (GRCP), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) are preferred