Cyber Incident Management Analyst - Columbus, GEORGIA
Global FinTech firm seeking a Cyber Incident Management Analyst for a security team in heavy growth mode. Excellent foot in the door opportunity to a springboard of learning and growth opportunities!
Day-to-day this Cyber Analyst will:
Evaluate, test, recommend, develop, coordinate, monitor, and maintain information security policies, procedures and systems, including hardware, firmware and software . Identifies security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents. Investigates and resolves security incidents and recommends enhancements to improve security. Develops techniques and procedures for conducting IS security risk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents.
What Part Will You Play?
- Monitors complex systems and response to known and emerging threats against the network via intrusion detection software
- Conducts detailed, comprehensive investigation of security issues by reviewing security log data, interpreting data in support of security event management process from various data feeds and triages on a wide variety of security events.
- Performs incident handling process by maintaining knowledge in implementation of containment, protection and remediation activities.
- Enhances knowledge of new and emerging threats that can affect the organization's information assets by analyzing of third party software/solutions, IT configuration changes (including access control requests), and network/system architecture from risk perspective
- Designs and configures security systems, including proxy, remote access, mail gateway, intrusion prevention, wireless networking, data leak prevention, security information and event management and web application firewalls.
- Following guidance assesses and disseminates threats related to the enterprise in regard to current vulnerability by managing and developing an emerging threat model.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- 2 Years experience including network operations or engineering or system administration on Unix, Linux, MAC, or Windows
- Common security operations, intrusion detection systems, Security Incident Even Management systems, Penetration Testing, Web Application assessment, Secure Coding practices.
- Professional certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC , Network +, Security +
- Knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs PCI (Payment Card Industry), SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) , GLBA (Gramm Leach Bliley Act), etc.
- Payments processing or FinTech