Job Title: Supervisor Customer Support Job Code
Job Summary: The Customer Support Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership and development to Customer Support Center staff. Call types in this center include inbound and outbound Help Desk/Level 1 Technical Support calls from ACE retail stores and operations management, general customer service and payment processing Level 1 calls.
- Provides leadership that fosters teamwork, employee respect, empowerment, and open communication.
- Develops and maintains a team with a passion for customer service and ongoing quality improvement.
- Acts as a mentor and coach.
- Assesses individual needs and establishes development plans.
- Motivates and encourages agents through positive communication and feedback.
- Recommends, implements, and coordinates customer service “best practices” and procedures to maximize employee development, training, and performance.
- Manages operations utilizing call center tools and measures to drive operational efficiencies and ensure quality of service.
- Monitors the ACD screen to ensure all calls are answered in a timely manner and make sure each employee is in the appropriate status.
- Meets/exceeds metrics and deadlines established such as handle time, abandonment rate, average speed to answer and quality scores.
- Optimizes employee productivity by establishing work schedules that are based on the workflow of activity coming into the call center.
- Addresses associate performance, conduct and attendance issues by consistently applying company policies and practices for corrective counseling.
- Promotes on-going development of team through coaching and annual performance evaluations.
- Addresses opportunities for call handling improvements including providing insights, coaching, feedback, educational tips and suggestions to representatives.
- Listens with respect so that employees feel heard and appreciated.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Participates actively in interviewing, selecting, evaluating, and coaching direct reports.
- Handles escalated service issues with customers expertly and effectively while balancing business needs and customer expectations.
- Resolves complex customer service issues and ensures appropriate follow-through in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer Service
- Team Oriented
- Organized & Detailed
- Goal Oriented
- 2+ years call center experience in a leadership role.
- Associate degree or educational equivalent or 5+ years of call center experience.
- Data analysis including call forecasting, root cause analysis, trending.
- Working knowledge of call tracking systems.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment to accomplish goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Detail-oriented; flexible and creative.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities in a changing environment.
- Coaching and mentoring skills; demonstrated strong coaching, interpersonal and effective leadership skills.
- Interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written) to work effectively with customers, staff and other business colleagues.
- Strong supervisory, analytical, problem solving and contact resolution skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop or bend; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position might require long hours and weekend work.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in some work environments can be moderate.