Come work for this global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to be a part of building a better working world for customers and communities.
Position: Product Manager
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Term: 5 months
- Assists the product leadership in defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap for a sophisticated product or a set of products within a product family.
- Handles product analysts.
- Can communicate the product leadership vision and goals of the product(s) and offerings.
- Assist in developing strategies, establishing priorities, and leading the roadmap using criteria and requirements defined during research.
- Acts as the customer advocate articulating the user’s and/or buyer’s needs.
- Works closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure business case and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Has technical product knowledge or specific domain expertise
- Assists in defining what to solve in the market needs document, where you articulate the valuable market problem you’re solving along with priorities and justification for each part of the solution.
- Assists in running beta and pilot programs during the qualify phase with almost final products and samples.
- Assists in business case development for new products, improvements to existing products, and business ventures.
- Assists with the development of 2-3 mid-size products or 1 large enterprise product that is global that may have sophisticated customization. These products will supply to solutions being sold through service lines and will support multi-million-dollar revenue streams for the firm.
- Has awareness of competitive pricing to understand how pricing impacts product profit margin compared to competition.
- Support product plan execution, collaborating with product owner, engineering, and other teams
- Support the demonstration of functionality of completed products to partners.
- Assist in developing performance measures to assess the success of products and features and resolve vital enhancements.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6 years of experience in a medium to large environment, performing business analysis, sales and marketing, business development, and/or project systems management.
- Direct experience in medium to complex management activities, such as business development, application development/deployment.
- Project management training, practical application, business analysis, sales, marketing, business development or relationship management experience are preferred for the product/service line manager role.
- Knowledge and Skills Requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, client service, communication, organizational, and project management skills.
- The ability to work and team effectively with clients and other central team members.
- The ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, ensuring all points of view are considered before reaching a decision.
- The ability to react appropriately during crisis situations - Sound research and analytical skills.
- The ability to provide detailed documentation and report writing, and work in a self-managed environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Lotus Notes applications, and knowledge of MS Project.