Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this top-ranked U.S. hospital and be part of a larger initiative providing innovative treatments, advanced technology, and collaboration among clinicians and scientists.
Position: COVID Screener
Location: San Francisco, California, 94158
Term: 2 months
- Surgery Scheduling
- Coordinates scheduling of all outpatient and inpatient surgeries for the surgical practice. Ensures that all surgical procedures are scheduled within a clinically appropriate time frame. Interfaces with patients, physicians and hospital staff to ensure adequate communication regarding all aspects of surgical services.
- Interacts with clinical and academic staff to coordinate surgical activities with physician’s other responsibilities. Processes complex hospital admission forms, schedules pre-surgical tests and appointments, and secures all necessary resources and equipment for surgery.
- Works with patients and staff to confirm availability and accuracy of medical information within APeX and to ensure compliance with all hospital policies and procedures.
- Secures authorization for surgical procedures and coordinates with Hospital Admissions Department as needed.
- Moderate Complex Revenue Cycle
- Monitors provider(s) open charts and encounters and works with providers to complete encounter documentation in a timely manner to support revenue cycle workflow. May assist provider with instructions on how to close encounters opened in error.
- Works RFI workqueues to secure information for accurate billing submissions or to respond to denials such as retro authorizations, clinical documentation, and addended authorizations with add on CPT codes.
- Secures authorization for procedures, specialty visits and ancillary testing and coordinates with Hospital Admissions Department as needed.
- Cadence Template Builder
- Able to create Cadence schedule templates for providers
- Understands how template construction effects access and works to ensure templates are user friendly and help promote consistent clinic access.
- Able to generate reschedule reports in Cadence and work with other members of administrative team to ensure patients are rescheduled in a timely manner to avoid customer service problems.
- Moderate Complex Administrative and Patient Care Coordination Responsibilities
- Moderate Complex APeX and IT Specific Skills
- Pend orders (including med refills, referrals, procedures etc.) associate with a diagnosis and route to provider for review and signature (from preference list only)
- Pend Smart Sets with proper orders and diagnosis and route to provider for review and signature
- Modify order class of labs from lab collection vs. clinic collection or Client Collect vs. External Collect.
- Perform advanced appointment scheduling using complex scheduling protocols from a variety of ancillary and subspecialty services some of which will require authorization.
- Support Patient-Centered Medical Home, Standard 1 guidelines that require patients have daily available appointment access to the practice and if no appointments are available coordinate them at another site or within Adult or Pediatric Urgent Care.
- Moderate Complex General Performance
- Maintains provider calendars
- When working in a primary care practice, assists with the delivery and maintenance of a high standard of patient care using the Patient Centered Medical Home model which emphasizes the care of the “whole patient” which includes in-reach, outreach and intensive follow up on referrals.
- When working within the primary care environment acts as the coordinator for all of patient’s needs such as forms (ie. work release, disability, immunization records, etc.) and is principally responsible for the continuity of care for patients which includes a significant amount of support for patients at the time of the visit and between visits.
- Provides 1:1 and team training for new hires and new initiatives and procedures
- Moderate Complex Environmental Responsibilities
- Serves as practice deputy for life / safety activities helps lead drills
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High School graduate or equivalent with four years related experience; or college degree and 6 months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully passes fingerprinting protocol and is approved to be a cash collector
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboarding skills, and experience with at least two Office-type software programs (i.e., Outlook, Word and Excel). Proven ability to navigate through multiple patient records systems. Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended period of time.
- Ability to analyze situations, prioritizes tasks, and develops solutions and make recommendations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to use good judgment and work independently, at times under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability to access situations prioritizes workload, develop solutions and make recommendations.
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills, both over the telephone and directly.
- Able to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended periods of time.
- Basic math skills required.
- Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals;
- Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with patients.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing skills to include the ability to compose, edit, and proof a wide variety of documents.
- Demonstrated administrative/office coordination skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical practice terminology.
- Within six months of start date, based upon completion of training, the Supervisor, completes the proficiency checklist with the employee. This includes the following areas if applicable
- Referrals (Incoming referral entry) and handling all referral WQs
- Pend orders
- Pend smart sets
- Schedule surgeries o Work applicable work queues
- Messaging (CRM) if applicable
- 2nd calls in CRM if applicable
- Telephone encounters
- My open encounter
- Staff message
- New message
- Route Patient advice request to providers (My Chart)
- Patient Schedule (My Chart)
- Patient look up
- Check in process
- Check out process
- Comment field
- Quick note
- Demonstrated experience in health care (may include medical, dental or veterinary) in the following areas: patient scheduling, insurance verification, medial record data abstraction, or patient financial services.
- Prior experience with appointment, ancillary service or surgical scheduling or a combination of all three.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual capability (Spanish, Cantonese, and Russian) strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with EPIC.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!