This nationwide industry leading provider of products, solutions, and services focused on the United States defense industry has an immediate 6+ month contract opportunity (with opportunity for conversion to permanent) in Ft. Worth for a Cost Accountant. The Cost Accountant applies principles of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems. Responsible for collecting and studying data to determine costs of business activity, (such as raw material purchases), inventory and labor expense. Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting unit price and profitability of products. This position offers a hybrid onsite-remote model with flexibility.
- Apply declarative revenue recognition rules on a program-by-program basis for application to forecasted/actual performance.
- Studies and collects data to determine costs of business activity (such as raw material purchases), inventory and labor.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine the effects on costs.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Analyzes cost overhead pools to provide management with forecasting of applied rates.
- The reconciliation and reporting of Perpetual to General Ledger inventory.
- The calculation and analysis of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Work with business unit Financial Managers and Operations Departments to budget and forecast inventory.
- Daily reporting of sales from production.
- The reconciliation and reporting of project ledger costs to general ledger costs by program.
- Ad hoc financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of applied accounting experience
- Advanced experience with office software tools including Microsoft Excel
- Self starter & innovator
- Able to focus on program details, while achieving top level process improvement objectives
- Works well with others individually, and as part of a team
- Very organized with extraordinary attention to details
- Ability to get results despite obstacles
- Desire to work many different tasks in order to learn the organization from the inside
- Ability to work inside a diverse organization
- Knowledge of defense industry
- Cost experience