Corporate Trainer, Banking Operations
Los Angeles, CA or Newport Beach, CA
Core Transformation Trainer will support the Core Transformation Project by facilitating training for service and operational teams across the Bank. This position will involve working with content developers and other trainers to master course materials and deliver these successfully to a number of audiences across the organization. The Trainer will also be required to travel where necessary to lead sessions in person and may be required to utilize virtual training environments to train remotely.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable delivering technical materials to both in-person and remote audiences and will be fluent in Adult Learning Theory and common Instructional Design techniques. Moreover, the candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have the ability to master new courses rapidly.
5+ years of experience delivering system training for business users in classroom and or virtual setting. Strong understanding of business processes and workflows with prior experience in banking or financial services.
- Facilitate remote and in-person software platform training on subjects.
- Become proficient with all necessary curriculum offered during the Core Transformation project.
- Travel to and from training sites when needed.
- Monitor participants' knowledge before and after training and provide additional coaching and feedback to management.
- Use a variety of instructional methods to ensure maximum delivery effectiveness.
- Work closely with management to address any identified opportunities for improvement.
- Create and edit supplemental documents when needed.
- Prior professional experience with learning and development role on systems, platforms, software, etc.
- Is comfortable multitasking and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfort with both in-person and virtual training delivery methods.
- Familiarity with eLearning design and theory.
- Can quickly connect and develop a rapport with varying audiences across the organization.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skill; is able to speak articulately with and in language appropriate for the specific audience.
- Comfortable with financial service technology and systems; can quickly learn new systems when needed.
- Detail-oriented and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional certifications in Learning Theory, Performance Management, Instructional Design, e-Learning Applications, or other related disciplines a plus.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Previous experience as a Corporate Trainer within the Financial Services/Retail Banking sector.
- FIS Product Suite (i.e. IBS Deposit Platform, Loan Origination Software, and Digital One/Teller Platform).