Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: Corporate Recruiter
Location: Dallas, TX 75201
Term: 4 Months
Provides functional support and leadership for various areas of the Companys talent acquisition strategy. Provides full lifecycle recruiting in support of the assigned locations from the job development to pre-hire phase. Partners closely with the senior management and hiring managers to ensure that the recruiting process moves efficiently and effectively identifies and hires the talent the business needs to achieve its goals. Serves as the talent acquisition lead focusing on consistency, standards, and best practices for the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with day-to-day, local and national, temporary and full-time, employee position recruitment operations for the assigned locations
- Manages full cycle recruiting process and procedures for assigned positions and locations, and assists in the centralized recruiting program strategy, development, implementation, maintenance, and management
- Sources active and passive job seekers, recruits, screens, interviews, and recommends external and/or internal candidates for all level jobs, including entry level, experienced professional and technical, support staff, hourly and management; may utilize the services of employment agencies as needed and with approval
- Creates and revises, as necessary, job descriptions and advertisements in collaboration with the hiring manager and HR business Partner for all assigned open positions in accordance with Company practice and procedure
- Conducts a recruiting strategy meeting with the hiring manager for open positions to identify needs, qualifications, responsibilities and characteristics of potential employees, identifies the preferred recruiting approach and discusses methodology to ensure the most qualified candidates are identified through the process
- Attends talent acquisitions seminars and conferences to stay abreast of functional best practices and trends to stay competitive in the market and makes recommendations to manager in areas such as technology, process improvement, practice and approach in talent acquisition
- Places employment ads in appropriate sources and qualifies candidates resumes/applications to ensure candidates meet minimum requirements, and conducts phone screens to verify the qualifications of the candidate and to assist the hiring manager in the selection process
- Coordinates phone screens and face-to-face interviews. May provide backup to recruiting coordinator to schedules interviews with candidates and managers
- Coaches candidates and hiring manager through the interview and hiring process, providing the hiring manager with suggested phone screen and interviewing questions and ensures compliance while providing the candidate(s) with ongoing communication through the interview and hiring process, counseling the candidate on career opportunities, benefits, salary, and corporate culture
- Creates offer analysis, new hire salary recommendation, and offer letter, and submits for approval, in accordance with the Companys practices and procedures; advises managers on compensation issues, and individual salary adjustments
- Maintains relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring needs
- Coordinates all onboarding tasks for new hires, including but not limited to pre-employment screening, cross functional/ departmental orientation, testing, assessments, and provides continuous communication and feedback to the hiring manager and candidate throughout the process
- Ensures and maintains OFCCP Affirmative Action compliance throughout the recruiting process including accurate and concise hard and soft copy recordkeeping requirements including EEO data Provides weekly recruiting status report to manager and updates manager as need throughout week on issues handling.
- Negotiates annual or one-time fees for various recruiting resources including but not limited to fee structures and agreements for employment agencies to ensure cost savings as well as consistency company-wide; maintains vendor database and provides guidance and direction to other Company HR staff
- May recruit from colleges, technical schools, and job fairs to support the Companys hiring needs and/or the annual internship program and entry-level needs of the organization
- May participate in various networking sessions with industry contacts, associations, trade groups and coworkers to benchmark and identify best practices
A minimum of five years of full lifecycle recruiting experience in a corporate or agency environment are required.
- Specific recruiting experience and knowledge of engineering, safety, health and environmental and other technical roles in the oil and gas industry are required.
- SAP HCM experience specifically in Personnel Administration, HR Certification and SuccessFactors Recruiting experience is preferred. Knowledge of EEO and affirmative action laws and OFCCP Federal Contractor requirements.
A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field is required or a combination of the equivalent number of years of education and work experience in lieu of a Bachelors Degree is required.
- Ability to lead recruiting activities and efforts successfully and in compliance for the assigned areas
- Ability to develop job advertisements and market the Company and its opportunities successfully to generate and attract qualified applicants.
- Creativity in sourcing and screening for hard to fill positions using various sources such as the internet, referrals, networking, job fairs, cold calls, etc.
- Demonstrated, working knowledge and the ability to leverage technology, including but not limited to, job search engine search functionality and social media to successfully generate of qualified applicants.
- Excellent reading and writing skills.
- Working knowledge of general human resources principles and ability to apply this knowledge as it pertains to the company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to quickly learn other computer applications, such as SAP, Applicant Tracking Software, and Recruiting System technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of excel in areas such as manipulating data fields, pivot tables and vlookups.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment practices.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills are a must.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, strong analytical skills, flexibility, team player, tact and maturity, and multi-task oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong planning, customer service, customer orientation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Ability to handle confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI) and all applicable compliance issues in relation to relevant HIPAA and ADAAA regulations.
Office based with up to 25% travel required by land or air. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.