Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Corporate Communications Consultant
Term: 18 months
We are seeking a Corporate Communications Specialist who can join for a part-time opportunity (approximately 20 hours/week). As part of the global team, the Communications Consultant will be supporting various groups with analyzing data, reporting on data, and offer recommendations based on trends.
In addition, the Corporate Communications Consultant provides support to the Corporate Communications department for media relations - traditional, digital - and event planning programs which can include: PR outreach, social media, local market events, custom creative development, video content, social media, independent sales force (ISF) engagement with the purpose of positively elevating consumer awareness/perception of the company's brand, products and the independent sales force. Writes press releases, blog posts, and social media copy for corporate social media channels. Manages corporate social media channels and corporate blog. Manages vendors that support media monitoring, media list databases and wire distributions. As needed, works with all departments and subsidiaries of the company to ensure standardized dissemination of company sensitive information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the planning and implementation of an annual communications plan to shape and enhance consumers perception of the Company, the independent sales force and independent business opportunity. Establishes programs and compelling outreach to editors of major magazines, newspapers, and broadcast media to create favorable awareness of the Company. Supports the development of international programs that generate positive news coverage - traditional and digital.
- Monitors Company media presence by tracking broadcast, print, internet and radio media on the daily basis. Employs strategic analysis to determine which media mentions are shared with the Corporate Communications team. Disseminates media clips to company leaders and other relevant staff members. This is a time-sensitive job duty that is vital to monitoring the Company's public image on a daily basis. Oversees archiving of all media mentions including print and broadcast by maintaining the video library and press clipping notebook. This activity involves a keen awareness of important issues facing the Company, as well as tremendous organizational skills. Manages outside media monitoring services, working closely with management. Maintains day-to-day contact with outside vendors, ensuring quick turnaround on all Company media exposure.
- Screens and redirects phone calls and emails from general inbox for Corporate Communications team members to respond or forwards to appropriate departments. Responds to independent sales force inquiries and assists sales force members with questions pertaining to press releases, media coverage and other issues. Coaches independent sales force members regarding PR/legal guidelines. Since the incumbent will sometimes be the only contact with the corporate office that a sales force member will have prior to speaking to or being featured in the media, it is critical that the person fully comprehend all Company PR/media guidelines and be able to effectively communicate them to independent sales force members. Screens and redirects phone calls and emails from general inbox for Corporate Communications team members to respond or forwards to appropriate departments.
- Writes corporate content such as press releases, blog posts, executive bios, press kits Creates team project and editorial calendar and keeps team on track in regards to project deadlines.
- Organizes media events including, but not limited to, working with staff, relevant headquarters departments and any relevant local officials to compile guests lists, arrange event logistics, invitations, RSVPs, etc
- Assembles press kits as needed for media inquiries and sales force functions. Works with Manager of Corporate Communications to ensure accurate, up-to-date press kit contents, assisting with revisions/updates to any of the contents as necessary.
- Manages all interaction with Creative Services (blue sheets) for audio/video/image downloads used in executive speeches, sales forces events and other venues throughout the year. Performs other miscellaneous administrative projects, such as faxing, mailing, typing letters, traffic system, filing, scheduling meetings, etc.
- In addition to the above, incumbent is expected to meet the required competencies for this position as defined in the competency profile.
- Education Associates degree required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Experience At least 3 years of related project coordination/public relations experience.
- Must be able to type and operate a personal computer, with proficiency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have proven written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have experience writing news releases and social media content.
- High level of creativity and writing skills required.
- Must have research skills and possess tenacity in tracking and verifying sources in order to gather and disseminate Company information.
- Must work well with others and have strong communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to demonstrate sound judgment and keep critical issues confidential.
- Must have organizational and time management skills, and demonstrate ability to perform self-directed work.