Our client is seeking a Controls Systems Architect for a direct hire hybrid role located in Carrollton, TX.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide expert leadership in the system architecture specification, innovation and standardization of control architecture and platform across company business units.
- Partner with product management on the effective development and efficient use of controls in future multi-generation product lines and technology roadmaps.
- Responsible for the definition of system architecture platforms that satisfy our customer needs and meet existing guidelines and regulations within cost and schedule constraints.
- Facilitate cost-benefit analysis and work closely with engineering and marketing teams to determine the optimal system features while leveraging existing technologies.
- Work closely with engineering development teams to assure alignment of technical and product roadmaps.
- Develop and design future control architectures and collaborate closely with Engineering’s advanced technology group.
- Actively investigate and study relevant technology and customer trends to anticipate customer and technical needs for the Controls technology platform.
- Ability to join and participate in external committees, technical bodies and organizations in order to stay up to date with the latest guidelines, standards and compliant with requirements in the industry.
- Participate in the development of hardware and software system capabilities.
- Focus future plans towards allowing our controls to be easy to use, install, and configure while maintaining flexibility for future expansion.
- Collaborate with the Software, Hardware, mechanical, service and manufacturing teams to define future control platforms for the residential, commercial and refrigeration product lines.
- Develop innovative ideas to differentiate our future control products.
- Support and maintain system engineering and system architecture artifacts.
- Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related field.
- A master's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Requires at least 15 years of applicable experience in the Controls or Embedded electronics industry with a focus on System Engineering and Architecture.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proven track record in System design and Product development is required.
- Extremely high-level understanding of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within systems architecture.
- Requires a high level of knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans.
- Expert knowledge on controls systems.