Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Title: Associate, Contracts Management
Location: San Francisco, CA
Vendor Management is responsible for managing the risks associated with conducting business with third-party vendors and defining a consistent program for Customer's vendor relationships. In the process, we fulfill the applicable legal, information security and regulatory requirements on behalf of the organization. We also work with business units to secure, risk assess and oversee all vendor services.
The Associate is responsible for reviewing and negotiating contracts for both new vendors and existing vendors on behalf of business units across the Bank. Negotiations will involve coordination across multiple internal stakeholder groups (Legal, Information Security, Compliance, BSA/AML, HR, EDCI, etc.). The Associate will handle MSAs, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Amendments, SOWs, Order Forms for a wide variety of products and services including technology, consulting, and administrative services. In addition, the Associate will be responsible for preparing and validating internal and regulatory reports and assisting with a variety of departmental projects and presentations. This position is also responsible for the consolidation and management of contract and vendor data in our vendor management system (RSA Archer).
Day- to- Day Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and contribute to all stages of contract lifecycle including RFP preparation, contract review, negotiation, maintenance, and termination
- Manage contractual and business relationships with vendors
- Develop, structure, and negotiate legal and business terms and conditions including price negotiations
- Comfortable advocating on behalf of the business and subject matter experts and negotiating with counsel
- Manage contract terms within contract management platform and report status on an ongoing basis
- Establish and develop close working relationships across lines of business and with technical, audit, compliance, security, and legal teams as necessary
- Familiar with key terms and conditions that are common to various types of vendor agreements including but not limited to SaaS, software, hardware, and professional services agreements
- Work in a self-directed, collaborative, and constructive manner with team members, the business unit, and our internal stakeholders
- Understand the requirements of working in a regulated environment and the controls that are necessary to be successful in the financial services industry
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- JD degree BAR License
- Relevant experience with a financial institution or corporate environment preferred
- Experience with technology contracts preferred Familiarity with contract terminology and negotiations
- High degree of proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other quantitative analysis tools to develop and evaluate performance metrics and produce associated reporting
- Familiarity with Archer or other Enterprise Risk System, specifically the Vendor Management module Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build relationships across business and functional lines
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, often with incomplete information and under tight deadlines.?
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent own interests and yet be fair to others; is a team player and encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers
- Job Demands: Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient. Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
About our client
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.