Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Role: Senior Contract Specialist
Location: 100% remote - Arizona/Denver time zone
Type: 6-month contract
Rate: $28+/hourly, DOE
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Contract Specialist II is responsible for collaborating with assigned Administrator Contract Management and supporting contracting activities in assigned category. This position will help identify cost reduction opportunities, coordinate efforts toward standardization and contract utilization, and collaborate with internal customers and vendors to promote and/or resolve key issues related to IT contract management. Act as focal point to ensure contract requests move through the process in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Relationship Development
• Assist with professional meetings and communications (including meeting preparations, taking minutes, and managing associated action items).
• For small to medium complexity initiatives, provide direction on recommended sourcing approach and coordinate with internal customers in preparation of RFX.
• Assist senior level contracting staff with more complex initiatives.
• Assist with management of low to medium risk contracts from selection to expiration (including amendments and ordering process).
• Using approved contract templates, manage redlines and draft alternative language in response.
• Proactively engage senior level contracting staff and Legal review of work.
Forecast, Utilization, and Savings Management
• Identify cost savings opportunities and present to senior level contracting staff. Assist in cost cutting work efforts.
Process and Project Management
• Participate in projects to improve internal business processes.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related program or equivalent professional experience.
• 4 years’ experience in Information Technology.
• 4 years’ experience in sourcing, procurement, contracting, and/or project management.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
• Healthcare workflow knowledge
• Technical writing and documentation
• Ability to understand how to apply IT for solving business problems
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
• Possess thorough understanding of business analysis techniques and tools
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for information gathering and the ability to interact with various IT groups
• Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines
• Skills in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio and Google Workspace
• Knowledge of healthcare security, privacy and compliance regulations and requirements desired