Position: Contingent Middleware Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA 94111
Term: 6 Months
Responsible to administer the Kubernetes (Openshift) Platform that serves as primary development platform using microservices across the Bank to support various lines of Business. Part of this, you are responsible for installation, upgrade, maintenance of multiple OpenShift Clusters both on on-prem datacenters and AWS and working on enabling new capabilities to the platform to support growing business needs. The person will be working on the cutting edge of technology trends that come in the industry with GitOps Kubernetes , microservices and modern deployment practices.
- Builds and maintains tools for monitoring and operation of OpenShift clusters.
- Deploy, configure, and manage tools as needed for development teams and/or the enterprise (e.g. Kafka, Redis, etc.)
- Leads effort in defining automated monitoring, deployment and repair strategies using a wide variety of Ops tools and monitoring platforms.
- Assist development teams with diagnosing, isolating, and debugging application issues within OpenShift.
- Assist development teams with performance testing to determine optimal resource requirements for OpenShift workloads.
- Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research and develops an integrated solution within a broad technical and business context of significant or strategic impact to the enterprise.
- Makes sure deployment processes are following SDLC and DevSecOps Model
- Assists with the management and performance of the infrastructure and deployment of applications.
- Assists with capacity planning and continual performance improvement of the technologies and infrastructure that supports OpenShift clusters.
- Evaluates vendor-supplied software packages and makes recommendations to IT
- Modifies, installs, and prepares technical documentation for system software applications.
- Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs software problems and performs problem resolution.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Platform updates, patches, and version upgrades when required.
- Proactively identify trends, perform root cause analysis, problem isolation, and manage adverse events from identification to resolution
- Identify, recommend and implement upgrades and enhancements required to maintain system functionality and optimal performance
- Has a good understanding of what Helm Charts are and how to use them
- Proficient in using Git and maintain scripts in Git
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within the enterprise or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
- Results oriented, business focused, active contributor, proactive listener and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
About our client:
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.