You know the difference between content strategy and UX writing, and you do both well. You love words, but you understand that content is much more than just copy. You’re skilled at defining information architecture and contributing to experience strategy. You consider the full customer journey.
You have a masterful understanding of content design best practices and tie them into your rationale when presenting your content. You’re able to use your facilitation skills to foster partnership and gain alignment across collaborative design partners, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Have an understanding of the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, journey mapping, content audits, content strategies, and user testing
- Understand what’s technically possible, and how business rules work with customer experience
- Are organized and able to work on several projects at once.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Collaborating with Experience Design product designers, content designers, design program managers, and researchers on multi-device experiences for online and mobile banking, financial education, product information, tools, and applications
- Framing customer problems, understanding business goals, and generating creative solutions
- Writing and editing copy – you make every word count
- Creating content strategies that align with experience architectures, meet customer needs, and support business goals
- Clearly articulating the rationale behind your recommendations, reflecting brand standards, content design best practices, and competitive research
- Partnering with product managers, project managers, developers, business analysts, legal/compliance, and stakeholders across the organization
- Ensuring your content is accessible
- Performing light interaction design as needed
We’d like to see your work, writing samples as well as interim deliverables including, but not limited to design briefs, content inventories, and strategy recommendations. * No Marketing samples.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
- Experience with mobile content design
- Experience developing and implementing content strategies for large sites or large sections of sites
- Deep familiarity with user-centered design principles
- Experience developing and owning digital editorial standards and guidelines
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to persuade partners and diplomatically resolve conflict
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word; comfort with PowerPoint and design collaboration tools (Freehand, InVision, Figma)
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Experience with information architecture; interaction design experience is a plus.