Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Content Strategist to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Content Strategist
Location: WFH, then onsite in Durham, NC
Term: 5 months
Responsible for fulfilling content requirements and creating all content strategy deliverables, including content approach documents, writing, editing, proofreading, content audits and developing nomenclature, tone and voice guidelines. Play a role in defining content standards, content quality and processes that align with best practices. Specifically, will work on an Agile alongside a Visual Interface Designer developing Marketing content.
- Writes and edits content including email marketing, direct mail, development of naming conventions, instructional copy and other interface textual elements.
- Provides editorial content and strategic recommendations for projects while ensuring consistency with content standards and best practices.
- Develops innovative solutions for content presentation, including working with content management requirements such as workflow and categorization.
- May perform content audits, gap analysis, metadata frameworks, content style guides, and content migration plans.
- Performs the end-to-end content creation and delivery process, from collecting input from multiple sources to delivery of content for Web-ready approval by business stakeholders.
- Ensures proactive content governance and maintenance processes, to ensure consistency, timeliness, accuracy and relevance. Functions as an avid editor of all of client's Web content.
- Assists with establishing style guide and editorial procedures for all written elements of the public Web site and ensures all content elements are followed.
- Serve as a systems integrator for effective content strategies by actively engaging WO team members, marketing, corporate communications, business owners and subject matter experts.
- Performs competitive site reviews that benchmark content breadth, organization and presentation.
Is this a fit? (Requirements):
- Education/Experience Bachelors degree and 5 years experience with Web content, email marketing and content strategy
- Ability to lead content strategy efforts including setting content standards, style, tone and voice guidelines with minimal direction
- Must have demonstrated understanding of Web and print best practices for content, nomenclature and usability
- Understanding of content management systems and direct experience with the set-up of CMS work-flow a plus
- Excellent grammar, editorial and proofreading skills
- Links to portfolio
- Banking or Healthcare/Health Insurance
- Experience working in email marketing firm a plus
- Experience in working in an agile environment a plus