Title: Community Engagement Programs Coordinator
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
The Community Engagement Programs Coordinator will Engagement Programs, Training Programs, and other duties as described.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the planning, administration, and engagement.
- Coordinate community engagement outreach and activities;
- Manage the data collection, tracking, analysis, reporting and filing related to all outreach and engagement efforts and outcomes;
- Develop and create strong business relationships with internal and external partners as it relates to community engagement
- Work directly and in collaboration with partners and stakeholders to manage programs and engage participants.
- Assess the needs of the community and plan activities designed to decrease barrier to self-sufficiency.
- Communicate with community members and research programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Create and manage schedules for activities.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Coordinate and lead some activities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to fully execute assignments proactively and with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player, able to interface with levels of team members, partners, and external vendors and contacts
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Must demonstrate sound judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize work activities in an environment with competing demands to accomplish goals in most effective and efficient manner.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software including Microsoft Word and Excel & Publisher
- Working knowledge of additional software such as MS Project, Adobe PDF and SharePoint
- Experience with events coordination and planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective decision-making skills
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalence in years of experience in a field related to business administration, community engagement, public administration, urban planning, social services, or marketing and communications.
Must be able to attend community meetings during evening and weekend hours.
Apply to MATRIX today!