Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Communications Specialist to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Communications Specialist
Location: This position will be work from home until the end of June 2021. Then, they will evaluate when it is safe to return to work at the Durham, NC office again. Alternatively, if you live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia; you may work remotely
Term: 6 months
- Develops, plans and executes communications activities that promote and position the company and/or division favorably to key stakeholders, including employees, the news media, business and community leaders, consumers, employer groups, the financial community and health care providers.
- Works closely with other departments, as well as external partners and stakeholders, to deliver, and execute on, superior communications plans that are strategic, measurable and aligned with corporate and/or divisional goals.
- Provide strategic communications counsel that supports the success of individual projects as well as divisional and/or enterprise goals.
- Provides advice and counsel to senior leaders on matters pertaining to communications.
- May lead and/or participate on formal and informal cross-functional teams in support of corporate projects and strategic initiatives.
- Identify, analyze and understand target audiences and their specific communication needs - and develop effective messages for those audiences.
- Develop effective strategies and comprehensive communication plans to promote the company and/or divisions position and meet specific business objectives or manage emerging issues.
- Establish specific performance measures that assess the effectiveness and impact of communications plans.
- Demonstrate high level of flexibility to respond to rapidly changing business needs.
- Actively engage other team members, management, executive leadership and subject matter experts in the development of effective communications strategies and company/division positions on issues.
- Researches, refines, analyzes, summarizes and makes use of relevant information in preparation of communications.
- Develop appropriate communication deliverables in support of internal communications, public relations and/or divisional initiatives, including, but not limited to, news releases, talking points, internal news articles, speeches, intranet and intranet content and social media posts.
- Deliver well-written, edited, style- and audience-appropriate communications across all types of media (written, spoken, social, Web).
- Possess a solid understanding of techniques and strategies for using a variety of internal, external and social media communications channels.
- Manage overall project development, including project schedules, work assignments, budgets and reports; prioritize and traffic multiple projects and deadlines.
- Develop and execute appropriate mechanisms for tracking project expenses to ensure projects - and the department as a whole - meet defined budget targets.
- May work with Compliance, Legal and other areas to ensure compliance with appropriate legal, regulatory and NCQA accreditation requirements.
- Work collaboratively with other communications areas to ensure a consistent approach to corporate communication needs.
- May manage contract and vendor relationship with vendor(s).
- Support enterprise and corporate projects as needed.
- A bachelors degree.
- 5 years experience in communications and/or project or program management
- Proven experience providing counsel to management and others based on industry and professional best practices.
- A proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and MS Outlook
- Possess knowledge of a variety of communications disciplines and maintain proficiency in more than one area.
- Strong experience in Federal/Government/CMS/DOI sector