- Function: End User Technical Support
- Job Ref: 214203
This technical position is broad in scope and includes the defining, designing, installing, and maintaining the communication systems architecture and network. This role will focus on supporting a Session Border Controller environment running on a Ribbon/Sonus technology.
• Support Session Border Controllers for the enterprise’s call routing, voice and telephony needs at campus locations, airports, operations, sales offices, and reservations worldwide.
• Coordinate with architects to develop the strategy for defining, deploying, and maintaining Session Border with regards to the Call Center Technology/Unified Communications architecture.
• Assist with designing, and deployment of a reliable and robust Session Border Controller architecture and platform.
• Support the enterprise Call Center/Unified Communications vision deliverables by implementing viable technologies, ensuring compatibility with the existing environment, and acting as a technical resource for peers and managers within the team.
• Research and remain current on emerging Call Center Technology/Unified Communications technologies, products, services, protocols, and standards that are directly in line with the vision, business needs, and requirements.
• Ensure integration compatibility of new Session Border Controller systems with enterprise LANs, WANs and Internet-based services and protocols.
• Identify opportunities for automation.
• Improve efficiency and reliability by streamlining manual processes that are redundant or repetitive.
• Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
• Support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response, and respond to issue escalation and service interruption as a confident technical leader.
Skills & Responsibilities:
• Experience with implementing converged voice and data solutions using session border controllers
• 3 – 5 years’ hands on working experience with Session Border Controller (Ribbon/SONUS, Acme Packet, Cisco, etc.)
• Configure, manage, support and troubleshoot the SBC 5x00, SBC7000, 9000, SBC SWe platforms, EMS, PSX DSI.
• Ability to understand Call Center Systems and routing strategies
• Knowledge of voice, data, and IP networking (LAN/WAN)
• Technical knowledge of VoIP/IP telephony systems, PBXs, voice mail, ACD’s, interactive voice services
• Telephony Traffic and Engineering (Erlangs, Trunks, Blockage, etc.)
• Technical knowledge of PSTN, T1/PRI, SIP, H.323 (IP), H.320 (ISDN), TCP/IP and MPLS
• Understanding of VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies (G711, G729, etc.)
• SIP Architecture Integration
• Experience working with the following platforms Cisco, Avaya, NEC, and Nortel
• Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and security practices
• Understanding of Cloud Architecture
• Ability to work with limited supervision, be highly motivated, persistent, a self-starter and able to manage multiple projects, groups of people, and company/industry changes simultaneously.
• PC skills, Microsoft Office Suite mastery, Visio and spreadsheets is required.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.