Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is one of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies. Come be a part of how digitalization, globalization, urbanization, demographic change, and climate change are transforming our world.
Position: Commissioning Technician
Location: Mount Prospect Illinois 60056
Term: 3 months
- Participates, in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed.
- Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning: provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; understands job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); supports the upload of point database, assists with the modification of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Network Technologies: Participates with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure.
- Supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
- Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces.
- Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs routine reports to review system operation. Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action.
- Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
- Generally, up to 2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Even better if you have:
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training.
- Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations.
- Working engineering and programming background.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!