Position: Commercial Loan Servicing Specialist
Location: San Francisco, CA
Term: 3 Months
In Lending Services, we document, fund, and service all loans for Customer. We're also responsible for servicing investor and collateral loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. Lending Services provides operational support in streamlining workflow processes, driving product development, and providing training, lending compliance support, and professional development resources. Additionally, we provide operational risk and internal control oversight, support lending-based systems and vendors, and manage technology projects across Customer product lines.
Lending Services is looking for a talented, motivated lending professional to join our Commercial Loan Servicing team. As a Contingent Commercial Loan Servicing Specialist, you will be responsible for servicing and operations of loans including: boarding new and renewed loans, processing payments, advances, fee payments, loan payoffs and file maintenance on existing loans. You will utilize your thorough knowledge of Customer loan products to independently bring most client issues/questions to a satisfactory resolution, escalating service issues/requests when necessary.
- Review funding documents for completeness, determine serviceability, and setup the loan terms into loan accounting system based on the executed documents
- Board all types of commercial and commercial real estate facilities, including syndication loans
- Disburse construction draws and reconcile the Funds Control and Budget information. Ensure draw packages and construction information are uploaded to OnBase
- Assist Bank Loan teams in performing client support, questions regarding products, functionality, etc., providing options and escalating issues when appropriate
- Accurately and efficiently process financial and non-financial transactions to loan accounts
- Monitor and update collateral information to ensure accuracy and that necessary details are maintained to reduce any associated risk to either the client or the Bank
- Work with internal business partners at various levels to research and translate account information
- Review Portfolio Monitoring Reports and audit corrections for accurate completion
- Work with internal departments to confirm and update client information, help expedite any research requests and/or refer them to the appropriate department to meet requests in a timely manner
- Recognize issues that demand escalation, determine the appropriate Bank contact, and act as liaison between the client and relevant group(s) in order to successfully resolve issues
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.); 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures; 3) completing required training; 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer; and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor's Degree preferred Must possess 1-2 years of experience in the banking industry or equivalent education and/or work experience
- Knowledge of syndication facilities and booking process
- Must possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the following loan products is preferred: Term Loans Lines of Credit Commercial Real Estate Construction Loans Film & Media Lending Standby Letters of Credit Knowledge of AFS, CLO and/or OnBase a plus Must possess strong analytical, process, and people skills
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to work proactively and operate accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with variable deadlines
- Must possess demonstrated organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to make sound decisions in ambiguous situations
- Must be able to provide extraordinary service and have fun!
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.