MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling multiple positions around the country due to rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company and look towards career growth.
Do you excel with commercial Business to Business sales in areas of flooring of similar aspects ? Do you have a love for sales and operations and working with clients to drive business? This position may be for you!!!
The Business to Business Sales & Operations team handles the sales and installation of commercial flooring products to businesses ranging from small offices, property managers, education / government, large business chains, hospitality, healthcare, and restoration.
The Commercial Business Account Manager(AM) ) contacts potential customers through both inbound leads and aggressive self-generation to develop flooring sales opportunities in business settings such as (but not limited to) residential and commercial property management, building owners, hotels, restaurants, or office buildings. The AM works with customers to determine the correct flooring products and applications for specific projects. The AM continually prospects for viable new opportunities while developing a key awareness of what is happening within the market’s geographic area. This position reports to the Area Market Manager and has an annual sales target of $1M.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrates leadership traits consistent with the company way
- Takes proactive action to drive increased sales performance in order to achieve commercial flooring sales objectives.
- Contacts and cultivates relationships with local representatives of National Accounts in various industries to drive flooring sales.
- Possesses commercial flooring product knowledge in order to be able to sell the best product to the customer and answer their questions.
- Conducts research through avenues such as the web, periodicals, and networking to determine prospective clients
- Attends networking events to cultivate and develop relationships.
- Works with potential customers to layout, design, & coordinate flooring selections
- Maximizes existing company relationships locally. Ensures 100% of sales activity is recorded in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (Salesforce.com)
- Utilizes Salesforce.com, RFMS, Adobe software per corporate requirements
- Up to 80 % travel to various locations, including markets or customers.
- Provides regular & relevant reporting to local, regional and national sales management on field activities
- Assists in the development of the commercial focused 1099 sales associates in the designated market area.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- HS Diploma/GED, Bachelor’s degree in Sales/Marketing or general business is preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a related sales background with focus on commercial flooring sales preferred
- Knowledge of various flooring products such as carpeting, hardwood, laminate, etc.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of management
- Computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter as well as a work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and delegate
- Ability to adapt quickly and create interim solutions until permanent tool/process are in place
- Strong commitment to quality service
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency
Physical Abilities Required
- Ability to travel a minimum of 80% of the time on an overnight basis
- The ability to physically and mentally perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
- This position is an outside sales position with 20% of the time spent in an office/cubicle setting. The noise level ranges from moderate to high with travel to customer locations.