Position: Cloud Systems Analyst
Location: Fayetteville, NC 28303
Term: 4 Month Contract to hire
- Hands-on operational position requiring technical knowledge and expertise within cloud and virtualization
- Responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving
- Duties are performed with little supervision and require initiative and judgment
- Receives direction from the Information Technology (IT) Security Engineer
- Provide expert subject matter services for all cloud services including but not limited to: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cloud automation and security.
- Install, operate, maintain and upgrade Microsoft, Linux, and VMware hosts.
- Installs operating system software, patches, and upgrades within cloud environment.
- Works with IT leadership to design new cloud infrastructure plans and services.
- Develop, document, and validate policies, processes and/or procedures relating to a variety of cloud concepts and standards.
- Analyzes systems performance to identify potential opportunities for improvement in areas such as the virtualized environments, hardware infrastructure, backup and archive systems, data storage environment, and cloud environment systems and services.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve instance, software, and network related cloud issues.
- Develop cloud security metrics
- Applies technical knowledge to be a resource for all areas of the College community on implementation of applications, security tools and solutions.
- Assist in the design, installation, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of the College’s disaster recovery processes.
- Works along-side IT security analyst and other MIS staff to properly setup and maintain cloud applications free of risks and vulnerabilities.
- Work with 3rd party cloud vendors to obtain security assessments through software monitoring tools to reduce risk and vulnerabilities to the College.
- Assist with the project development stages of organization, design, implementation, maintenance and analysis.
- Establishes, cultivates, and maintains effective working relationships with internal partners and external constituencies, managing outreach to key partners and leveraging these relationships to best support the seamless execution of admission events.
- Occasionally required to perform maintenance activities and/or respond to emergencies outside the scope of a “normal” working day, 8 am to 5 pm.
- Frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and walk.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel object, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must see with sufficient close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and focus adjustment to differentiate light/color intensity and evaluation of perceivable changes in the environment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2 years of working in an IT computer field required
- 3 years years of hands-on technical experience in the cloud administration
- 3 years demonstrated technical expertise in leveraging cloud concepts and optimizing best practices is required
- 3 years experience with Windows server/Linux administration in a platform is a must
- 3 years Office 365 administration is required
- 3 years proven technical methods in solving cloud issues involving IT environments
- 2 years networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN) and server database administration (MS SQL, My SQL)
- 3 years the following or similar technologies: Azure, AWS, Google, Office 365, VMWare, Cloud Essentials, etc.
- Must have the ability to development, test, evaluate, and maintain multi-tiered production environments on and off premise
- Expertise to include the best security practices and standards such as NIST 800-171, 800-53, PCI DSS, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA, etc.
- 2 years FERPA
- 3 years Identify risks, vulnerabilities and remediate immediately to reduce exposure.
- 2 years Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, and LDAP
- 2 years Information Technology Security concepts and best practices
- 2 years Client Server technologies and VMWare/Hypervisors Virtual Infrastructure
- 2 years Ticket tracking system
- 2 years Database concepts, installations, best practices
- 2 years NIST 800-171, 800-53
- 2 years PCI DSS, GLBA and HIPAA
If this sounds like the perfect fit,Apply Today!