Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas 77046
Term: 3 months
- Experience in the implementation of cloud security technologies and including but not limited to Containers, Cloud Access Security Broker, CI/CD, Cloud Data Protection, Security Information Event Monitoring (SIEM) systems, cloud workload protection, Next-Gen platforms, Key Management Solutions, etc.
- Configuration of technologies for both cloud and on-premises environments based on industry best practices
- Support projects, tactical initiatives and provide hands on implementation of various security technologies & processes with focus on cloud security
- Defining technical requirements related to data protection, interaction with other software in deployment, inter-component communication, data security at-rest and in–transit
- Strategize current and future cloud security solutions to enhance compliance to NIST Framework and Cloud Security Alliance guidance
- Be able to provide appropriate security engineering and support activities such as (patches, upgrades, enhancements)
- Ensure metrics and periodic updates are provided on various projects assigned
- Think and act strategically. Evaluate and implement security solutions to meet business needs
- Research, design and support cloud security products that will support security requirements
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Security with exposure on various Infrastructure security verticals.
- 2+ years of experience deploying Security Technologies in AWS.
- Experience in deploying security solutions to popular cloud platforms like Azure, GCP, and Oracle
- Hands on experience in performing configuration scans.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions, Containers security, McAfee CASB, SIEM (Qradar/Splunk) and workload protection solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, JSON, application security and software defined solutions.
- Requires strong knowledge of Cloud IAM administration, Active Directory, domain structures, user authentication and GPO implementation.
- Knowledge of or experience with industry compliance standards such as PCI-DSS, HIPPA, NIST, ISO, ITIL, SOC1/2, etc.
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally. Frequency and duration to be determined by manager.
Even better if you have:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) certifications.
- Vendor Certifications from AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!