Title: Cloud Engineer
Cloud Engineer is responsible and accountable for the direction, performance, standards and ongoing health of company’s’ cloud architecture. They are responsible for working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure cloud solutions are optimized for functionality and effectively integrated into Company’s current technology environment.
- Designs, plans, builds and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems and solutions.
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in relevant industry standards and cloud computing and virtualization technologies; such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Collaborates with customers and peers to understand requirements and translate into effective, secure, sustainable technical solutions.
- company’s is an EEO Employer.