Our client is seeking a Cloud Engineer for a direct hire or contract to hire opportunity.
Top Skills needed to perform in this role:
**Substantial experience with Azure Cloud Infrastructure (from Dev to Production)**
1. 7+ years' Architecture experience with Azure Cloud Services (heavy design experience, cloud solutions from beginning to end, 95% of job)
2. Windows Server, VMware/Nutanix, & SQL experience (architecting & administration from development to production environments)
3. Any AWS or Oracle Cloud experience a huge plus
- Continuing the on-prem -> Cloud journey, will be heavily involved in design of Cloud Infrastructure
- Need help designing and implementing new architecture
- Basically handling solutions from beginning to end
Responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Pioneer system(s). Ensures long term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization. Recognizes and troubleshoots problems with server hardware and applications software. Establishes and documents standards and procedures for management review. Requires knowledge of computer operations and familiarity with programming. Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
Supports the analysis, planning, design, installation, modification, and/or support of various software platforms and applications. Provides input into the determination of system specifications and working parameters for hardware and software compatibility. Perform advanced systems support activities. Administers software maintenance activity utilizing associated utilities and tools. Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total software systems. Monitor and maintain the health, security, and sustainability of the platforms infrastructure to include all environments from DEV through PROD, as well as disaster recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree required; consideration given for related technical experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience required evaluating, designing, and administering large, scalable enterprise systems, including Disaster Recovery. At least three (3) years experience in architecting and administering multiple environments (Dev through Prod) supporting systems development. Consideration given for demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Must have working knowledge of Networking and/or Infrastructure technologies.
- Must have working knowledge of Operating System environments. Three (3) years relevant experience in the OS platform to be supported required; consideration given for demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Must have working knowledge of Configuration Management and Version Control concepts and tools required.
- Must be able to develop Process, Policy and Procedure documents in support of assigned platforms and applications.
- Must have working knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle management required.
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, and technical writing skills as well as be able to work effectively in a team environment as a project member.