Principal Cloud DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer
Permanent Full time position
Locations: Arizona, Colorado Springs CO, Pittsburg PA, Fairfax VA.
Working in EST
As a Cloud Devops Architect, you will:
• Guide internal customers on how to configure and deploy PaaS infrastructure consisting of identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, deployment and more.
• Collaborate with Software Architects on how to best design their cloud applications for optimal scaling including content caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, load balancer setup, and more.
• Interface with internal and external customers to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower them.
• Work closely with Project Management to build and constantly drive excellence in our solutions.
• Guide engineering teams in evolving Cloud technologies.
In this role, you are the Platform Engineer working with Critical internal and external Platform Consumers. Together with the team, you will support successful implementation of Application PaaS in the Cloud through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
Candidates should have demonstrated strengths and experience in some of the following areas:
• Experience working with, or are familiar with the differences between, public, private, and mixed cloud environments.
• Container technologies such as Docker, or LXC.
• Deployment of continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, or Chef.
• Experience maintaining production-grade applications in virtualized environments (cloud computing platforms and services).
• Scripting languages such as Bash, Groovy, Python, Powershell, and/or Scala.
• Effective communication and attention to detail.
Other beneficial experience:
• IT security practices or DevSecOps including encryption, certificates, key management, patch management, STIG, RMF, or security hardening, and auditing.
• Installation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) technologies such as Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, RHOSP, or VIO.
• Amazon Web Services.
• Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes, Rancher, or OpenShift.
• Cloud automation tooling such as Ansible, Terraform, Terragrunt, or Packer.
• Open source server, messaging, load balancing, and database software (such as RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
• Scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers (NGINX)/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Not required but would be helpful.
We make software that interactively visualizes data. We make software that enables massive collaboration. We make software that smooths the way of emergency responders here at home, that offers insight to researchers and data analysts. We’re a passionate, close-knit group of inter-disciplinary thinkers and doers that craft truly one-of-a-kind software used all over the world, and we do it from our cozy-casual office here in Pittsburgh.