Terrific 6+ month contract to hire opportunity for a Java 8 / Microservices Developer (Cloud Technologies) in Irving, TX working on a cutting-edge application, data integration, and cloud technologies.
Looking for self-driven individuals who have experience working closely across the business, taking requirements, and driving the implementation forward. You will be working on full life cycle development and will need to understand how every aspect of the development will impact the application.
- Design, build, and automate new and migrated existing solutions centered on the Kubernetes container orchestration platform and its ecosystem of projects
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the client, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of JEE experience including developing web applications, multi-threading and resource management activities
- 6+ years of Java 8 and Spring 4+ experience to develop web applications
- Agile experience.
- Hands-on AWS, along with Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Experience working with SOA & Micro-services utilizing REST, SOAP etc.
- Experience in RDBMS. Prefer NoSQL experience.
- Experience in automated testing using JUnit, Mockito
- Recent modern UI development using Angular v4, 5, 6, or 7 is a plus
- Experience working with Eclipse & Git workflows and code review
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environment and familiar with Jenkins, TeamCity, Code Quality Tools - SonarQube, etc.
- Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle for Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Proficient in industry standard best practices such as Design Patterns, Coding Standards, Coding modularity, Prototypes etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills