Cloud Architect - 100% REMOTE!
Would you like to look back 2-3 years from now and say you owned responsibility for the cloud transformation at one of the globes most respected FinTech firms? Look no further!!
Fortune500 organization seeking a Cloud Solution Architect to create and implement a strategy to move technology services to industry-leading cloud platforms.
Ideal candidates are well versed in the challenges large companies face across their people, process, and technology when implementing large-scale cloud migrations and/or digital transformations. This includes leadership, application development, operations, security, compliance, business case development, technology budgeting, etc. They use this knowledge to help identify and overcome similar challenges, create and deliver presentations to audiences, develop and facilitate executive briefings, and develop/improve mechanisms to help teams gain value from the cloud. You will be actively contributing your knowledge of modern software architecture and technologies and the most current software development frameworks and techniques. You will be promoting the use of the latest trends in available company standard cloud technologies and architecture to produce services that meet the demands in a fast-moving environment. The current organization is made up of multiple different technology platforms and tech stacks, to include both mainframe and distributed technologies.
What Part Will You Play?
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to create a unified strategy for GCP cloud transformation governance, automation, security, implementation, and operations
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture teams to develop target cloud solution architecture patterns and system requirements, analyze existing application and IT deployments, propose requirements and designs, craft an automation approach, drive implementation
- Design, prototype and deliver GCP and Azure cloud-native solutions, leverage platform rich service offerings
- Design, prototype, and implement cloud landing zones for Monetary Systems’ applications
- Participate and drive gathering of technical requirements for deployment through a variety of techniques (e.g., facilitated workshops, work sessions for major initiatives; performs technical analysis with the team and design cloud best practices
- Prepare cloud guidance, standards, requirements, design, and ensure that the end product is aligned to the cloud strategy and overall enterprise architecture standards
- Develop and implement strategies for moving on-premise software to the cloud
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, and securing cloud microservices, IaaS and PaaS solutions for highly available business critical cloud-based systems
- Experience automating configuration management and deploying PaaS solutions in private and public cloud using any of the following IaC tools: Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, Docker, etc.
- Drive cloud security and compliance requirements into the cloud architecture framework, including for the data integration points with on-premise and other cloud systems
- Present technical concepts and specific solutions to internal audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise and easily understood manner
- Be the evangelist of cloud architecture and influence leadership teams to adhere to the architectural framework and its principles
- Champion and the advocate of adoption of best design practices and ensure cloud products are built consistently aligned to the expressed cloud architecture
- Provide reference implementations and sample repositories
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science or Engineering, Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in designing and driving the implementation of large-scale commercial enterprise-class cloud software, using cloud principles and architectural patterns
- Avid technologist, with deep expertise in GCP, Azure cloud, and/or other public/private/hybrid cloud architecture domains
- Strong foundational infrastructure skills, including architecture principles and design patterns of distributed systems in private and public cloud
- Proficiency in modern software architecture, scalability, reliability and in RESTful APIs and how they are used in the cloud
- Working experience developing solutions with cloud orchestration tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform IaaS and PaaS technologies and solution implementation patterns
- Strong aptitude for collaboration and ability to lead and influence a team of leaders, as well as mentor engineers
- Experience and understanding of large scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
- Excellent active listening skills that enable you to understand the goals and challenges to craft meaningful solutions
- Capable of understanding and solving complex technical concepts
- Demonstrated collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Track record of innovation, results, and ability to collaborate and affect change across functions
- Experience evaluating existing application design and making recommendations for enhancing applications to leverage cloud technology and services
- Experience successfully guided the refactoring of a large monolithic application into multiple, micro-services
- Experience with modern development and delivery methodologies such as Agile and CI/CD and ability to apply these processes fit for purpose
- Working knowledge with implementing and managing Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Working knowledge in container and container management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Working knowledge in either SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, other) or NoSQL (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Cloudera Impala, Dynamo, Redis, other)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations
- Experience with data management and data integration technologies (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, other) is required
Please send your detailed resume and LinkedIn profile to start a conversation about this opportunity!