You will work directly with insurance company analysts and actuaries to understand their analysis issues, and to help them derive better ways to use our tools to solve their challenges. For example, this may involve more effective use of the system’s capabilities, customized reporting, or even using external VBA or R. You will also help clients implement the systems in their operation, including understanding their data, processes, and reporting requirements, and then training them on the use of the systems once implemented. You should be comfortable speaking with clients and be able to explain technical information in an easy-to-understand way.
You will provide key advice to our development team regarding our clients’ use of the software and what new capabilities will be helpful to them. You will help test and document new features. You may also provide help to the sales team in sales presentations, demonstrations, and trade shows.
In all cases you will be called upon to evaluate situations and challenges, make decisions, and provide advice that helps our clients be more successful in their important and time-sensitive work. Excellent problem-solving skills are essential, as is the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks competing for your time, while remaining attentive, calm, and friendly with the clients.
Bachelor’s degree in business, math, finance, insurance, accounting, or similar
· 3 years’ experience with P&C insurance in an actuarial or accounting department or in a consulting role, or experience with P&C insurance loss reserving
· Expert skills using Microsoft Excel
· Intermediate to advanced experience reading and writing Visual Basic or VBA
· Excellent English skills, and ability to write and speak clearly and effectively
· Domestic and international travel, approximately 5%
· Experience using Arius, ReservePro, or ResQ reserving tools
· Sharp critical thinking skills, sound judgement and decision-making ability, and both the ability and willingness to clearly articulate your ideas
· Intermediate to advanced level understanding of statistics
· Experience programming or building models with R or Python
· Experience providing virtual or in-person training to peers or clients
· The ability to work both collaboratively and independently