Job Title: Client Services Engineer
Location(s): CA (Redwood City), WI (Madison)
Total Roles Open: 1 position either Madison or RWC
Target Salary Range (FTE): (Madison - 75k to 115k) and (RWC 123k to 140k)
Contract Hourly Pay Rate (FTE Salary divided by 2080 annual working hours + 20%): $43.27/hr. - $66.35/hr. (Madison, WI) and $70.96/hr. - $80.77/hr. (Redwood City, CA).
Contract Hourly Bill Rate (+ 40% M/U): $60.58/hr. - $92.89/hr. (Madison, WI) and $99.34/hr. - $113.08/hr. (Redwood City, CA).
Location: CA, WI
The Client Services Engineer requires both technical and analytical skills, with an emphasis on troubleshooting. Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and upgrading IT managed systems and end user devices. Working with other technical resources, the Client Services Engineer is involved in designing innovative solutions using new technologies. This role recommends short-term alternatives when appropriate, creates prototypes and leads initial development, testing through to production. Documents process and procedures and creates end-user friendly documentation/communication with focus on user experience. Coordinating and assessing emerging technologies typically as a subject matter expert; evaluating and recommending new projects or tools for the organization.
- Administer and support end user device management systems including Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Create and maintain baseline “Golden Image” for operating system (OS) deployments and applications.
- Maintain inventory of computing equipment and applications.
- Manage and maintain conference room technology standards.
- Responsible for working with team members to maintain and document new and update old standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Service Desk.
- Manage conference room technology standards.
- Responsible for intermediate troubleshooting of Desktop/Client configuration changes and Active Directory support.
- Responsible for intermediate Application Management using industry standard deployment tools; including SCCM, monitoring, and health reporting.
- Research and recommend new technologies that fit within our structured environments to support business requirements and enhance the service catalog.
- Provide expertise and support for incidents and problems impacting end user systems, escalating to the infrastructure or vendor resource, as needed.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Participate in IT and cross-functional team projects as a key resource for deploying, maintaining, and upgrading end user devices.
- Provide updates on the progress of projects and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Assist the Desktop Support Engineer position, as needed, with incidents and fulfillment tasks; including workstation imaging and equipment deployment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight and direction.
- Detailed oriented, organized, and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds for approximately 25% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between local locations.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 2+ years of IT Desktop Engineering experience or related role administering/managing SCCM to deploy Windows 10 and other applications.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting technical issues.
- 2+ years of experience working with desktop clients and services such as Windows Active Directory architecture, authentication, Group Policies, DHCP, and DNS. Demonstrated ability to support both technical and non-technical customers.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written guidelines and adhere to SOP; ability to clearly document actions taken.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- SCCM/ITIL/ Microsoft Training and certification.
- Experience administering Mac OSX and JAMF.
- Experience working in a mid- to large-scale environment with at least 1,000 workstations.
- Experience supporting MDM, EMM, or other mobile device management technologies.
- Experience in healthcare or biotechnology.
- Experience and understanding of special needs in a regulated healthcare environment, including SOPs.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize multiple Workstreams while updating customers, management, and team.